Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Am I royalty?

I think that one of the dreams of every little girl, at one time or another, to be a princess. I have always been in-love with the british royal family.  The thought of riches, royalty and power.
A few months ago a dear friend gave me a book. "His Princess" by Sheri Rose Shepherd. I would HIGHLY recommend this book. It is a devotional, and every day is a different love letter.
Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are his masterpiece. He has created us anew." If God is king, and we are his children, that makes us royalty!
One of the lies, that I have always struggled with is that no one loves me. And this past summer, I realized that it was in fact a deep lie. If you think about it. God, created you and I in his image. Therefore we are perfect, although we are corrupt due to sin.
Romans 5:8 says, "But, God shows his love for us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." If that is not true love then I don't know what is.
Rick Warren, a pastor, wrote, "God is love. He didn't need us. But he wanted us. And that is the most amazing thing."
In fact, we were not made to "fit it" instead we were made to stand out. Not to be a show off, to be lead other to God. Don't buy into the picture of love that Hollywood has painted. True love, was God creating us in his image and then sending his son to live a shameful life, and to die a painful death, for you. Someone once asked me, "When was it that you realized that if you had been the only person in the world, then God would have still sent Jesus to die JUST FOR YOU!" What an amazing thought! If you have trusted in Christ, then you a royalty! You and the son or daughter of a King. And not just "A King." But, "The King!"
-Annakatherine

No comments:

Post a Comment