Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Who is in Control?

Over the last few months, I have been extremely busy. From Speech and Debate to church, my time just seemed to always be running out. A few weeks ago, my computer crashed and I lost all of my files. However, the first thought in my mind was not "Why did God allow this?" But instead it was "wow, I really don't have time for this."
Jeremiah 29:11 says, 
"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." 

This verse shows how God is in control of every situation. And regardless of our current circumstances His plan will prevail. I know for me,  I often have doubts of how God can turn whatever I am walking through into something good. But, scripture teaches in Romans 8:28-32,

 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those who God foreknew he also predestined to be contromed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those who he predestined, he also called; those who he called, he justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" 

These verses always encourage me that whenever I am walking though something, God is in control and He has a plan that is for my benefit. I heard one pastor say onetime that he used to worry that if he was focused on God, he might miss meeting his future wife. And then he read these verses. And what he realized was that God wanted the best for his life. (And his future wife's) So, that even if he missed her the first time, if it was the best thing for his life, then God would show both of them. (P.S. He did meet her and they got married, and now have several children.) 

No matter what your circumstances are; Either sunny or rainy. God is in control and he will work for the good of his children! 

-Annakatherine 


No comments:

Post a Comment