Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Teens...Difference...Reverse...

Hey everyone!
I am, as you might have noticed, a huge fan of Apologetics. I should confess though, that most of what I have been posting are just essays from my homework. (Talk about cool homework, right? I get to write about One of the best things in the world...Every. Day. For. School.) And as much as I love sharing all this stuff with you guys, I think that I should start writing more...shall we say...for God, rather than just good credits.
Anyway, to return to the Apologetics. I have no idea how many of you have heard of Dare2Share, but they are a pretty cool ministry. (Ironically, I am wearing one of their Tshirts right now.) Greg Stier heads up D2S, and has written a ton of books and evangelistic tools that I find really helpful.
I am reading their devotional called Reverse right now, and want to promote it in the best way possible. It is an amazing book, and I cannot say enough that you should read it. Again, you can get it on their website, and if you click on the tag below the picture, it should take you to the store.
Reverse...Live Differently Student Devotional




 





















http://store.dare2share.org/collections/books/products/reverse-devotional


I also subscribe to their blog, Soul Fuel, and just read this section titled 'It's Where Your Demons Hide', and thought I would post an excerpt for you to read.


Half of you wants to pray – the other half wants to keep snoozing.
Half of you wants to give – the other half wants to take.
Half of you wants to read the Bible – the other half says you’re too busy.
Half of you wants forgive – the other half wants to be bitter.
Half of you wants to love – the other half wants to hate.
Half of you wants to serve Jesus – the other half wants to be selfish


There's more, but it refers to their outreach programs, and without a lot of dialog, it would not make much sense. If you want to read the rest, here is the link: http://www.dare2share.org/soul-fuel/its-where-your-demons-hide/ 


But to return to the subject. If it is true that half of you wants what is right, and the other half wants what is wrong, then we all have to be really careful of what we let ourselves do. (And don't get me wrong, I have tons of my own problems too.) It's not like I have arrived at any gigantic victory yet, the important thing is that I am on my way towards that victory. That I want a change, want to Reverse and go another direction, want a difference in my life.

So do you want a change enough that you are willing to change? Are you so desperate for hope, real love, for true joy? Well, God's Word has something to say about that. He says: "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God..." If God does such an amazing thing for all of us, then why should we not attempt to change ourselves? There is such hope in Him, in His grace, in His love, how can we not want to be different?

Yea, it takes guts to reverse our path and walk against the flow of all humanity, but is that not what every teen wants? To be different? I know that is one of the things I have always wanted, (To the horror of my mother, I have made my fair share of mistakes.) and I am sure that most of you reading this want to be different too. But we should be different in...well...a different way. Let's be different from the world, not different from our Mums. ;D
-Marissa


Disclamer: all  credit to the usage of the word 'Reverse' goes to D2S Ministries, as well as any mention of their resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment